Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Default How do I convert Meters to Feet and Inches?

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak
BTW use lowercase "m"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"martin fuller" wrote in message
When I enter this formular or the one in 'Convert measurements' i.e.
=CONVERT(A2,"M","ft") the return I get is '#NAME?
Why is this and how can I obtain the result that one meter = 3' 3" Etc

Thanking you in anticipation.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:49:02 -0700, Dave S <Dave

wrote:

I need to convert Meters to Feet and Inch measurments. I need it in
fractional format I.e. 1/4, 1/2, 3/8, 5/16, 8/32.
Ex. 1 Meter
= 3 1/2 Feet

I assume you want the reduced fraction. i.e. you would want 1/2 rather
than
8/32.

If you have the Analysis Tool Pak installed, you may use this formula:

=mROUND(convert(A1,"m","ft"),1/32)

And custom format the cell as fraction with up to 2 digits.

If you don't have or want the ATP installed, then:

=ROUND(A1*3.28084*32,0)/32

(still formatting the cell as fraction with up to 2 digits).

--ron