Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nigel

Default Data Validation range

Hi,
in my book i have a cell with data validation set up to collect data from a
range B5:B1005. every month, this range is empty and gets filled up
throughout the month. my problem is as i have set the validation range to
look at the range B5:B1005, i get a massive dropdown box which ( when i have
only 20 items ), is alot of space. can the validation range be sort of active
so if there is only 20 items in the range, it only lists the 20 items without
the other 800 spaces from the empty cell?
i thought maybe a named range but i cannot get it to do what i need.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

regs,

Nigel