Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

Default Excel And Multiple CPU

Joe -

One standard reference is

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm

- Mike

"Joe Gieder" wrote in message
I use Excel for all of my estimating, my files are quit large and contain
thousands of formulas. Over time as the spreadsheet grows it becomes
slower
and slower to calculate. I was using a Dell computer with 1gb mem, 3.4ghz
cpu
and Windows XP SP2, one file in particular takes over 1.5 hours to
calculate
using this machine. I upgraded (I thought) to a Dell dual cpu XEON 3.2mhz
machine with 2gb memory and Windows XP SP2. This was no faster, actually
now
it takes 1 hour and 45 minutes to calculate. Is there anything I can do to
make things faster? Does Excel take full advantage of dual cpus? I would
appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance
Joe Gieder