Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
clayton

Default Running a script while editing a cell

Maybe I should have elaborated more.
I have a UPS. When the power fails the software will create a dummy
file which my excel file looks for. If the file exists then the saving
of files process will begin.
I have a timer set to check if that file exists. If you are editing a
cell the script can not run. So, if someone left a cell in edit mode
and walked away then the UPS would eventually shutdown windows losing
the data.

I've tried having the script change to a different sheet. I've tried
using sendkeys to send a ~ or {RIGHT} but nothing works because nothing
will execute in edit mode.

--
clayton
clayton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4563