Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default How do I show file creation date in a cell in Excel?

Thanks Gord, force of habit as most ask for last saved.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Should be........

=DocProps("creation date")

or use this UDF, although I prefer Bob's because it is not specific to one
property.

Function CreaDate() As Date
CreaDate = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
End Function

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:35:13 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocument*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)