Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eddie Armstrong

Default How do I show file creation date in a cell in Excel?

I need to have a field on a worksheet to show the file creation date. It
can't be in the header or footer as I need to make calculations based on it.
Any clues?

Regards,
Eddie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocument*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last save time")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eddie Armstrong" <Eddie wrote in
message ...
I need to have a field on a worksheet to show the file creation date. It
can't be in the header or footer as I need to make calculations based on

it.
Any clues?

Regards,
Eddie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Hi Eddie

Does this help......

Insert a static date or time
Current date Select a cell and press CTRL+;

Current time Select a cell and press CTRL+SHIFT+;

Current date and time Select a cell and press CTRL+; then SPACE then
CTRL+SHIFT+;

Louise

"Eddie Armstrong" wrote:

I need to have a field on a worksheet to show the file creation date. It
can't be in the header or footer as I need to make calculations based on it.
Any clues?

Regards,
Eddie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

This line of code in an appropriate macro will do it............

Range("b1") = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Eddie Armstrong" wrote:

I need to have a field on a worksheet to show the file creation date. It
can't be in the header or footer as I need to make calculations based on it.
Any clues?

Regards,
Eddie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

The creation date is part of the workbook's builtin document properties and
can be accessed via VBA

thisworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

"Eddie Armstrong" wrote:

I need to have a field on a worksheet to show the file creation date. It
can't be in the header or footer as I need to make calculations based on it.
Any clues?

Regards,
Eddie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Should be........

=DocProps("creation date")

or use this UDF, although I prefer Bob's because it is not specific to one
property.

Function CreaDate() As Date
CreaDate = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
End Function

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:35:13 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocument*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last save time")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Thanks Gord, force of habit as most ask for last saved.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote:

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocument*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)