Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KenNZ

Default Excel Calendar

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

It would be great if I could only get Friday dates. In case a Friday falls
on 15th, it is taken into account in the same month. New month always starts
on the 16th.

What would you recommend I do?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Ken,

I tried to knock up a quick spready which I was going to post for you, but a
few interesting questions popped up.

Such as
- are you only going to have the Friday dates in the spready and enter
amounts in there
- what happens on say Fri 18th, some of that week's spending is last month,
some this, how do you differentiate?

You could do it with Sat-Fri along columns, weeks in rows, and you enter
your daily spend.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KenNZ" wrote in message

I have been spending more money than I earn on my credit card. What I need
to do is create a calendar for the year (with weekdays) on an excel sheet
where I can enter my credit card balance at the end of every Friday and

one
of the cells gives me the total I have spent upto that point in that

month.
(I need to do this from the 15th to the 15th of the month). This will help

me
see where I stand with my credit card expenses and control my weekly

spending
accordingly. I will set a limit (in this case $2300) and when I am close

this figure, it ives me a pop up message telling me that I am approaching

my
limit for the month.

I know this is complicated, but is this possible at all?

Thanks for all your help.