Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default can't change the alignment of numbers in cells

Kathy

Can you send me a copy of the "broken" file?

Change the AT and DOT to @ and . to get my email address.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:57:04 -0800, "KathyinCincinnati"
wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem. Alignment works fine for letters and
symbols but will not work with numbers. I have two spreadsheets, one that is
OK, one that is 'broken'. I have compared everything I can think of and can
find no reason why the numbers insist on being on the left in one of the
spreadsheets. The cell format says they should be centered, but they are
not.

"create_share" wrote:

i have an excel workbook in which there are 3 sheets. in one sheet when i put
any number it goes to the left side of cell and if i press the align left or
center button it does not work. i even changed the category to number but
still same problem. If i put english words, i can change everything.

thankx!