Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BorisS

Default custom formatting

for my immediate needs, I need for a cell to take a number input
(representing a whole percent), and display it as a "+"/"-" if
positive/negative, then the number with no decimal, "%" sign, and then either
the word "growth" or "decline" depending on positive or negative. Possible?
--
Boris

"BorisS" wrote:

I have never really understood how the custom formatting works with basic
numbers. Can anyone explain (or point me to somewhere that explains what
things like the following "language" are are saying:

this is just an example, but I'd like to be able to understand them all.
Thanks.
--
Boris