Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greg

Default Looking for best fit

I'm looking for a formula to find the 'best fit' for inventory turns. For
example:
A B C D
1 10 100 50 5

The formula in D1 is: =(b1-c1)/a1 and that gives me 5. I could change a, b,
or c numbers in such a way that it still results in 5 (or close to it). My
question is, if I was asked to make D1 7, what is the best fit to make the
formula equal 7? In the inventory world average inventory (A1) is what I can
manage, B1 represents Sales, and C1 represents Returns. I don't even know if
it is possible, but I'm thinking if I could show a few additional rows with
alternatives that might be the best bet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thx, Greg