Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary

Default Trying to edit a spreadsheet

Not sure what is going on with my Excel application. When I try to edit a
document, the application crashes on me.

I received a dialog box that says:

Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

There is a checkbox to €śRecover my work and restart MS Office Excel€ť

Even if I recovered or close it down, I am still not able to edit documents.

Doesnt matter if I create a new file, save, and then try to edit, I still
receive this message.

I have removed MS Office, reloaded Office 2003, SP 2, and all updates.
Still crashing.

There is an error signature dialog box that displays:
AppName: excel.exe AppVer:11.0.6560.0 AppStamp:4296b6f2
ModName: kernel32.dll ModeVer:5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:4110964
fDebug:0 Offset:0000d189

Any assistance and expertise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Mary