Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CarlaWood

Default Is there anyway to add more than the preset 255 columns in Excel?

Thank you!
However, when i transpose my data, i run into the same problem the other
way...not enough columns......:( I guess I will keep plugging away, trying
to figure out a way to make it work!!

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Carla,

I am currently out of columns on my Excel Spreadsheet and need more!!

You will have to wait for the release of Excel 12, which will have
16384 columns. Until then (fall next year), you are stuck with 255
columns and will have to find a way to reorganise your data. Maybe
transposing rows and columns is the way to go after all?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com