Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Default What does this function do =+IF(ISERR(F27/G27),0,F27/G27)

It's overkill for eliminating a #DIV/0 error when G27 = 0. The + is just
a superfluous unary plus character that is typically inserted by Lotus
users. It's completely unnecessary in XL.

A better alternative (i.e., that wouldn't mask other errors) is

=IF(G27=0,0,F27/G27)

In article ,
Trying To Excel <Trying To wrote:

I saw this function in a file that was sent to me. The situation called for a
simple division formula. I dont understand what this formula is saying.