Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
br549

Default Calculations in pivot table

I just made my first pivot table. One column is a pivot-table-generated
"Total". I want to add a column that is the product of Total and another
pivot table column, but can't seem to figure out how to do this. Help says
something about not being able to use Totals in calculations. Is there a way
around this?

To make my question clearer, here's an example of what I'm trying to do.
The pivot table makes the first three columns, counting occurrences of defect
type and Severity and producing a count it labels "Total". What I want to
add is a Weighted Occurrences column that multiplies Severity by Total (see
below). I can't get this last cell to work.

Defect Weighted
Type Severity Total Occurences

Z 0.01 5 .05

Y 0.1 7 0.7