Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
confuzedagain

Default Can't export actual text - Get #### instead

I have an excel spreadsheet I am putting together. Everytime I try to
export the info to a text file or import directly to MS SQL Server, I
get ############ instead of the actual text.

Typically I would expand the column width to show the majority of the
info, but some info is more then the expansion will show so it still
shows the ##### in the expanded column. This is not the solution.

When I click on the ######## in the excel sheet I see the text, but
that text is not exporting. All it will export is the #.

How can I get Excel to export the actual text?

--
confuzedagain
confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29439