JulieD

Hi Zeek

when using Edit / Replace use
FIND: ~*
REPLACE WITH: <leave blank
the ~ is the one to the left of the 1 above the TAB on my keyboard at least
:)

Cheers
JulieD

"zeek" wrote in message
I have inherited a sheet where someone added an "*" to distinguish between
2 duplicate values. Example would be stamp #"M0001" for one person and
when offices combined there may have been 2 stamps with this number.
Someone added the "*" to the second entry. I am attempting to find the
severity of the problem by identifying duplicates. I attempted to use the
replace and change "*" to nothing. This caused all of the data to be
replaced with nothing.

How can I remove all of the "*" with out disturbing the rest of the data.
Also the stamp numbers vary in length and prefix, some are "M" others "P"
etc. about 4600 total stamps.

Thanks to all

Lomax