Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

Default Area Charts - Filling in above only

Create a stacked area chart with one line for each of the zones of
interest (and one for mid point line). If all the zones are of equal
size, use a y value of 1 for each series. Alternatively, adjust them
for your own requirements.

0 1
Empty space 1 1
Danger zone 1 1
Safe zone 1 1
Midpoint 0 0
Safe zone 1 1
Danger zone 1 1
Empty space 1 1

In step 2 of the chart wizard ensure you select 'data are in rows.'
Now, format each zone as desired.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have four lines that each define a horizontal zone. When I change each to
an Area Chart, it appears that the color is only painted above each line and
the color extends from the line all the way to the top of the chart. But
above the top line I'd like this to be uncolored. I want the top two areas
are filled in BELOW each line to a horiz. mid-point on the chart and the
bottom two areas are filled in ABOVE these lines to a horiz. mid-point. In
effect I want the chart to depict from top to bottom:

Empty space
Danger zone
Safe zone
Safe zone