Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HelpAl

Default pivottable calculated fields

Hello,

I'm having problems geting my calculated field to return the desired
information. I have a text field which has one of several names.

Text field
Name1
Name2
Name3

For each entry of name2 I want the perform an operation on the coorisponding
value in another number field. I've entered something like this:

=if('text field="name2",numberfield/2, numberfield)
I can only get a false response from this even when its true.

What am I missing? Are there limitations of what formulas I can make? I
write a similar function outside the pivottable and get the expected results.

Thanks, Al