Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

Default How do I convert a date&time (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss) to date onl

Careful with ROUND - date/times after noon today will round to tomorrow....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Wesley Accellent" wrote in message
The round worked great. Thanks.

I tried the group function in the pivot table. However, when I selected the
column title and chose Group it responds "Can not group that section".

Any ideas?

"John Michl" wrote:

Two ways that I know of...

1) In your data table, set up a new column with the funtion
=Round(A1,0) where A1 is the Date&Time field. The "time" is
represented as everything to the right of the decimal place where the
"date" is to the left. This basically converts all of our Date/Time
fields to midnight.

2) In the pivot table, use the Group and Show Detail to convert the
dates/times to "Days". Right click on the list of Date/Times then
choose Group and Show Detail Group. Click on Days.

- John