Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jeridbohmann

Default Date Validation - Must equal Sundays date

Tried it on a new spreadhseet...to make sure my other sheet wasn't messed up
and the same result happened....nothing.

"jeridbohmann" wrote:

Style is on stop, error message is there

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Take a look at Excel's help for =weekday(). It has a nice explanation about
what that number means.

When you applied data|Validation, did you check the "show error alert..." box on
the Error Alert tab?

Make sure you make the Style "stop", too.

jeridbohmann wrote:

I used that code and in the formula except it says:
=WEEKDAY(U1,2)=7
In cell U1 I have 12/04/05

Is this correct? I enter 12/06/05 and it take it and every other date I try.
I must be missing something.
Also: U1 = the cell, what does the ",2" do for the formula?

I put that message in there too! Maybe he'll get the picture!

Thanks !

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use datavalidationcustom and in the formula box put

=WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7

where A1 is the cell with the validation, click the error alert tab and type
a message like "John, learn the difference between Sunday and other days!"

Peo Sjoblom

"jeridbohmann" wrote in message
I have a nifty little time sheet for 3 employees to use. Unfortunatly this
thing needs to be dummy proof because now I am responsible of making sure
they enter the right dates. All they need to do is enter every other weeks
start date.
For instance:
John's pay period starts on 12/4/05 (a sunday). All he has to do is type
in
12/4/05 in one cell and the spreadsheet fills in the end date, the weekday
dates, etc..
He won't have to do it again until 2 weeks (12/18/05).
John can't seem to enter the right date and then payroll gets mad and they
yell at me...blah blah.
So I tried doing a data validation for a range of cells (I have all the
valid Sundays in a column on the same sheet). What am I doing wrong??
Is this even possible?

--

Dave Peterson