JulieD

Hi Philippe

glad its solved .. IMHO the evaluate formula tool is one of the most useful
things in excel.

Cheers
JulieD

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
Yes, thanks.

Using the evaluate formula tool, It complained that there was a formula
that could change when the sheet was recalculated. I looked at the column
headings as I knew I used a formula to get those values and determined
that the problem was that my 1.5% (column heading) was the problem. My
column heading (1.5%) is a product of a formula and the offset match
formula prefers the actual value rather than the product of a formula.
Once I fixed this the formula worked. I will be trying out Max's
suggestion although rounding isn't the problem as the product is a solid
value of 1.5% but this may lead to a possible way to use a formula's
product in the match.

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi

so is the problem solved now?

Cheers
JulieD

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
In this case the array starts at A5 (5+54=59) therefore A59 is the row I
need.

The error is in the column value. It was a product of a formula
=1.25%+.25%=1.5%. The Offset Match formula doesn't like looking for the
product of a formula but rather a value because it determined that this
product can change if another factor is changed. Once I entered 1.5% in
the cell my Offset formula worked.

"duane" wrote in message

=OFFSET('UAS Compound Factor'!A5,MATCH(CERS!L53,'UAS Compound
Factor'!A6:A105,0),MATCH(CERS!L54,'UAS Compound Factor'!B5:AL5,0))

isn't this formula finding the value in a cell defined as

1) start at a5
2) find the position of the exact l53 value in a6:a105 and go down that
number of rows
3) find the position of the exact l54 value in b5:al5 and go up that
number of columns

presumably the value of l54 exists in a6:a105 and l53 exists in
b5:al5?

Is a coincidence that you expect the value of 54 to be in row 59 (54
than 5)?

--
duane

duane's Profile: