Philippe L. Balmanno

Default Double Lookups

Excel 2002:
Help please, I'm trying to do a double lookup. I have two sheets labeled
"CERS" and "UAS Compound Factor". CERS will have two values to lookup in
the UAS Compound Factor sheet; one a value in a row and the other a value in
a column. The problem is that the formula returns an #N/A error when there
is a value in the cell that is cross referenced.

I'm using a formula similar to Chip Pearsons example at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm

My formula is:
=OFFSET('UAS Compound Factor'!A5,MATCH(CERS!L53,'UAS Compound
Factor'!A6:A105,0),MATCH(CERS!L54,'UAS Compound Factor'!B5:AL5,0))

UAS Compound Factor'!A5 = n -- Base Cell
CERS!L53 = 54 -- n value to look up
UAS Compound Factor'!A6:A105,0 -- brings back cell A59 where 54 is found
CERS!L54 = 1.5% -- i value to lookup
'UAS Compound Factor'!B5:AL5,0 -- brings back cell D5 where 1.5% is found

The expected value should be the intersection of A59 and D5 which is 82.295
instead I get a #N/A.

UAS Compound Factor = Uniformed Annual Series Compound Factor = [(1+i)n-1]/i

Thanks in advance,