Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zmr325

Default Is Gary's Student here

I will try to write it out like this:

a b c d e f g h i
Open High Low Close
1 Date 10 15 8 8
2 " 8 12 7 9 buy
3 " 9 20 9 16
4 " 15 23 14 18
5 " 15 17 9 10 sell
6 "
7 "
8 "

Ok that is what my spreadsheet looks like. I have =if(and()) statements in
f and g to give me those "buy" and "sell" signals. Now what I want to do is
write a formula saying that if I have a "BUY" like in f2 stop me out or cover
my position if the low in how ever many time frames equals or is less than
the close when i had the buy, keep doing this until I have reversed positions
to get a Sell signal or am stopped out. Then do it for the next signal.
But for the Sell signal it will be agianst the high because you want the
market to go lower. DOes this help?

Thank you

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That is very confusing (at least to me). Can you give an example?

--

HTH

RP

"zmr325" wrote in message
If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I need help finding a solution for formula I can not write.

Column

a b c d e
date open high low close

data for b,c,d,e go lets say to row a125

now in column f and g I have two =if statements with about 4 logical

strings
to place a BUY in f and a SELL in g

Now what I need to do is write a formula for a stop loss record. It

should
be if you have a buy signal you need the low to be = whatever variable

you
are going to use. I took the close of the period that you got the buy

signal
minus 6. So I need a way to calculate each timeframe (cell) to tell me
whether the low has gone through that 6 point stop or each the system
generated a new signal which would be a sell signal. THe opposite would

then
hold true for the Sell signal. But it would be with the HIGH being

greater
than the signal(close) plus 6. DO you think that you could help or

anybody.
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
NOel