Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T.Morris-TX

Default Can a formula display output to an otherwise blank cell?

I work in manufacturing. I set up a spreadsheet for my boss with formulas so
that he only has to type in the part numbers he wants when scheduling our
machine and it pulls up all relevant data. His only complaint was that he
couldn't overwrite the data without erasing the formula. Is there any way I
could put the formula in another cell, but have it's output displayed in the
current one so that if he wanted to change the weight or color of a part he
wouldn't be erasing the formula that calls up the 'standard' part?