Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett

Default Need help with formula for charting results

glad it helped

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SRS" wrote in message
Don:
THANK YOU...found all my answers there. I knew the answer was right in
front of me. Thanks again!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

have a look in help index for COUNTIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SRS" wrote in message
I'm a newbie with Excel and I know this should be easy, but I just
can't
figure it out.

We sent out a questionaire to 50 people with 20 questions (all multiple
choice - 4 possible answers, A,B,C or D)

I've made a spreadsheet with all the reponses. Now I want to make a
chart
that says here's how many people responded 'A' to question 1, 'B to
question
1, and so forth. So basically, there's 4 bars (a-d) for each question
and
the value for each bar is the number of times that answer was chosen.

I know I need to make a formula to count the reponses for each
question,
but
can't figure it out. Can you help?

Thank you!