Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default how to create the formula "cumsum" in excel

paul

If you "must" have accumulator cells, check this thread out before
proceeding.

http://snipurl.com/8e64

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:52:03 -0800, "paulc59"
wrote:

I don't know if this is the right group ... or if i should have put this in
the programming group ... but here is my question / problem ...

I have been using the TI 89 and there is a function called cumsum - it is
for cummalative sum of a colum to another colum. this is a valuable function
for me ... and my dept is moving to "bigger toys" ... one of them is Excel
... i would like to know how to create this function in Excel. Example ...
in colum A, i have twenty numbers ... in colum B, it would give me the
accumative total of each line from colum A. Is there a download that would
place this funtion or a program editor that i have to use to place it in the
Excel program ... if the latter is the case ... how would i write the
function / command and install it for permanent use?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.