Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

Default how to create the formula "cumsum" in excel

If you mean simply that

B1 would contain A1
B2 would contain the sum ofA1:A2
B3 would contain the sum ofA1:A3
B4 would contain the sum ofA1:A4
B5 would contain the sum ofA1:A5
etc

then in B1 put =SUM($A$1:A1) and copy down.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"paulc59" wrote in message
I don't know if this is the right group ... or if i should have put this in
the programming group ... but here is my question / problem ...

I have been using the TI 89 and there is a function called cumsum - it is
for cummalative sum of a colum to another colum. this is a valuable
function
for me ... and my dept is moving to "bigger toys" ... one of them is Excel
... i would like to know how to create this function in Excel. Example
in colum A, i have twenty numbers ... in colum B, it would give me the
accumative total of each line from colum A. Is there a download that would
place this funtion or a program editor that i have to use to place it in
the
Excel program ... if the latter is the case ... how would i write the
function / command and install it for permanent use?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.