Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Default How do I set up a conditional cell from a drop down list in Excel

You could do this using Conditional Formatting and Data validation.

Select cells C7:F7 and add the conditional format of:

Formula is: =$A$7="Mileage"

I selected to fill in Yellow and added the border.

Condition 2:

Formula is: =$A$7<"Mileage"

I selected to fill in gray with no borders.

Apply the same methodology G:I to highlight or gray out based on the
value in A7. You can use the OR function in your Conditional Format
formula to accomodate for multiple conditions resulting in the same
format.

To further restrict your users, you can utilize the data vaildation.
Select C7:F7 and select Data ValidationAllow = Custom and enter

=$A$7="Mileage"

in the formula Bar. This will not allow users to put any data in those
cells if A7 is not = to Mileage.

Cheers,

Steve

--