Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Dates - Months & Years

Hi Rick

If only the "trees" would disappear for me all of the time<g
You're very welcome.

Regards

Roger Govier

Rick wrote:
Roger
Thanks...simple solutions are often the hardest to see.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Rick

Why not just enter your start date on Sheet1!A1 as 01/11/05 for example (Nov
05).
Then on Sheet2
A1=Sheet1!A1 FormatCellsNumberCustom yyyy
B1=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) again formatted as yyyy
copy across for 35 columns

A2=A1 but formatted as mmm
Copy A2 across for 36 columns

Changing the date in Sheet1!A1 will alter both start year and start month

Regards

Roger Govier

Rick wrote:

I am looking for a formula or a way to have years & months calculated from a
starting month and year. Here is what I have.

Sheet 1 has 2 cells, cell A1 is for picking the starting month (from a drop
down list) & cell A2 is to pick the starting year (also from a drop down
list).

Sheet 2 is set up with a 36 month grid in which estimated hours are input.
What I need it to do is automatically calculate the year (in cell row 1) and
the month (in cell row 2) based on the selections made on sheet 1. Also, I
need it to automatically roll to the next higher year when ever the month
"Jan" comes up (see D1,2). I would like it to display year & month as shown
here.

(1) 2005 2005 2005 2006 and so for a total of 36 months
(2) Oct Nov Dec Jan