Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mshornet

Default find cells that contain specific characters

Thank you. Sorry for my slow response. Thanks again.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

The easiest way:

Assume the data is in the range A2:A100, A1 is the column header.

Select cell A1
Goto DataFilterAutoFilter
Click the arrow that appears in cell A1
Select CUSTOM
From the drop down that says EQUALS, select CONTAINS
In the box to the right enter: vo
Click OK.

Do your copy/paste

Then turn off the filter:

Data FilterAutoFilter (selecting AutoFilter toggles it on or off)

Biff

"mshornet" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply. What I would like to do is search a column of
cells
and contain text. Some of the cells contain the letters "vo". Others do
not. I want to select those cells that contain "vo" and copy them to
another
column.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

What does: "pull them out of a long line of cells" mean?

Can you provide some examples?

Biff

"mshornet" wrote in message
How do I find cells that contain specific characters and pull them out
of
long line of cells?