Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave R.

Default Lookup same word "value" across multiple cells

You can do that with sumproduct, but not all instances in an excel file,
this way is for one set of columns. If you want to do it on many columns
within a sheet let us know. There's plenty of info on sumproduct online for
further education, but what would work is something like:

=SUMPRODUCT((F6:F8="blue sheets")*(D6:D8))

"chazmac" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to lookup every instance of say
"blue sheets" in an excel file, move left 2 columns, pick up the
numerical value that resides in that column for every instance of "blue
sheets" and give a sum total in a cell at the bottom of the sheet? I'm
an excel formula "newbie" so please be kind in any explanation. :-)

--
chazmac
chazmac's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487042