Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eqa

Default increase conditional formating options

Biff

What number do I use for Today as it must change everyday? Do I have to
reformat the cell every day?? I do not understand how to get the info from
your second link either. Sorry for sounding like a dill.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Dates *ARE* numbers! (unless you specifically enter a date TEXT string)
They're just numbers formatted to look like dates.

The technique from that first link won't work for your situtation.

That add-in from the second link should work (although I've never tried it.
The authors are highly regarded and reputable.)

Other than those 2 choices your only remaining option is VBA code. I can't
help with that.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
This doesn't seem to help me using dates only numbers. How do i apply this
a variety of old dates ? EG over 30 days old over 60 days old etc from
today?

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Take a look at these:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3
to 6