Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ru kidden

Default mapping keystroke to a cell

That gets me a little closer. But, I really need to be able to map a key to a
certain cell. So if I hit the number 1 key for instance is would insert a
value in a cell.

I would like to hit the number 1 key and it insert a value of 1 in the A1
cell. If I hit the number 2 key I would like it to insert a value of 1 in the
B1 cell and so on...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you select cell A1 and tap the a key 20 times, then A1 would contain 20
a's. The formula =LEN(A1) will then tell you how many times the a key was
tapped.
--
Gary''s Student

"ru kidden" wrote:

I would like to map a keystroke to a cell and have it add up the number of
times the keystroke has been applied.

For instance if I touched the A key 3 times it would give me the value of 3
in one cell. If I touched the B key 2 times it would give me the value of 2
in another cell.

I'm thinking of using this in a laboratory situation. Where I could count
the different types of blood cells under a microscope using the keyboard.
Once I reached a total of a 100 diffent types of cells it would play a .wav
file that would alert me that the count of 100 had been reached.

Using a different key for each cell would allow me to diffentiate between
the different types of blood cells for a total of 100 overall.