TH6

Default How do I make a 0.5cm square plotting paper

I checked both solutions, and both do NOT make square cells. When I start to
draw a rectangle in the top left corner (using the ALT-key to snap it to the
corner), and pull it towards the lower right corner using the SHIFT-key to
make a square rectangle, it does not end up in the corner.

Still no real way to making a cell exactly square.

TH6.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

In article ,
Gary''s Student wrote:

Height is measured in points (72 points to the inch)
Width is measured in points (12 points to the inch)

Not quite. Width is set as the number of standard font numeric character
(e.g., 0) that will fit in the cell. You may have a standard font and
size that make that character exactly 12 points wide. That will
certainly not universally be the case.

MaxXL04 uses inches/cm directly to set cell heights and widths. AFAIK,
the only reliable way to do the same thing with WinXL is to use a macro
like

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

or perhaps the Microsoft Graph paper template:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...455571033.aspx