Deb in KC

Default Excel F2 & MS Media Keyboard

"SharronA" wrote:

How can I regain use of Excel's F2 function (which opens a cell for editing
directly in the cell) on my new MS Natural Media Keyboard? The new keyboard
assigns the "undo" function to the F2 key, and if I turn off the new
functions (F-LOCK), the F2 key seems "dead" to Excel.

The keyboard offers some limited ability to customize some keys, and I
wouldn't mind putting the "edit in cell" function on another key, but I can't
seem to find out how to do that. I've checked the online support, Knowledge
Base, and built-in help menus, all to no avail.

Going to the mouse to open the cell, then back to the keyboard to edit,
every time I want to change something in a cell, is a horrendous waste of
time and energy! There must be a work-around. TIA for any help.
--
SharronA