David J. Braden

Default how to use excel to do random sampling

With, or without, replacement? And do you insist on using Microsoft's poor
prng, or be willing to settle for a much better one? (I'm thinking along the
lines of PopTools, a free add-in).

Finally, if you are looking for the distribution of the means, why not just
calculate it directly instead of using simulation? Your population size is
tiny; or are you just throwing out some numbers (5 of 30, 50 samples) for
the sake of concreteness?

DaveB

"stats" wrote in message
I have a data set of 30 numbers. I need to use excel to draw 50 random
samples of size 5 and then compute the mean for each sample. How do I do
this?