ryesworld

Default How to Count Rows with defined values in multiple columns

Sorry Bruno, Your Formula does work, but not for my situation... the two
lookup ranges (AA1:AA6 & AB1:AB6) are on a separate sheet. This produces a
#VALUE! error. Any Ideas? (Also, it's strange that the formula doesn't work
at all if a lookup range is an entire column, ie: AA:AA)

"Bruno Campanini" wrote:

"ryesworld" wrote in message
Right idea but it gave me a "#NUM!" error. I think this formula must only
be
for numbers. I need to count the number of times a string of text is
entered
- when it's on the same row as a specific number.

Sorry ryesworld,

1 ab
2 bc
3 bc
1 ad
3 bc
3 ad

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AA1:AA6=3),--(AB1:AB6="bc"))
gives 2.

The result is correct.
Is it not?

Bruno