Gary L Brown

Default CHK file in excel link files

I think your software/hardware is having a hard time writing to the hard
drive. I suggest a full checkup by an IT maintenance guy.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"srinivasan" wrote:

Dear community members,
I have a workbook with links to certain worksheets/workbooks which are
within the same folder. But suddenly I saw that the type of files are shown
as CHK file instead of xls files. I dont know the reason for this change?
Because of this problem I have difficulty in updating/linking the files which
do not update when I say yes to up date command. Sometimes it shoes file not
found message box . Will some one tell me what went wrong with my files? Any
remedy possible to set right. things.