bpeltzer

Default Conditional Equations in Excel

Sounds like you should look at the vlookup function rather than a complicated
if. The 'table range' argument of the vlookup function will probably be
exactly your three-column paper chart. You'll want to omit the fourth
argument of the vlookup to get a range lookup, and be sure that your formula
references the table with absolute cell references ($a$1:$c$21, rather than
a1:c21).
--Bruce

"Eric" wrote:

I am a pilot and am trying to put together a conditional equation concerning
aircraft weight and balance data. I want Excel to determine if a SUM falls
within a range of weights and then display the applicable forward and aft
moments, based on the SUM figure. I currently use a three-column paper chart
that gives me weights in 21 different 50 pound ranges (in one column), then
gives me the applicable forward and aft moments for each weight in the other
two columns. I am trying to make a spreadsheet for my Palm Pilot (using
Documents-to-Go which interfaces with Excel 2000). I've been beating my
brains out trying to develop an IF equation, but haven't had any luck. Can
anyone help me please?