Bernard V Liengme

Would it help to enter values in form 5 5/12 for 5ft 5inch?
Format cells with #0 ??/12 to stop 5 /6/12 becoming 5 1/2

best wishes
Bernard

"Jack" wrote in message
I am trying to get a formula to add the inches and feet together. The
program will add a base of ten with no problem. How do I get the program
accept additions on a twelve base? I do not want to use separate columns
for
feet and inches. In other words if I wanted to add 5' 06" to 6' 05" the
real
answer would be 11' 11" but the program gives an answer of 12.01. How do
stop this? Thank you in advance for any assistance you may have in this
matter.