FrankB

Default Temp files causing performance degradation

We're having problems with our users getting too many temp files
building up in thier temp directories. We're on Win98 and WinXP, the
problem is worse on 98, but still happening on XP. Our support people
are helping our users clean up their temp files to regainthe
performance, but I'd like to know if there's anything any one knows
that will stop this proliferation of temp files by Excel.

The files that seems to be primary culprits (these are variations on a
single master file) have from 20 to 40 sheets with about 8 buttons on
every other sheet. There is one UDF being used. The files all point
to a common VBA file for the code execution. Any ideas on what would
be the cause of all of the temp files or a method to manage their
growth outside of cleaning out the temp directory every two weeks?

--
FrankB
FrankB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18952