Chris Baker

Default How do I show number of resources by hour in excel?

Say the data is as follows:

Employee Time in Time out
A 01:00 05:00
B 02:00 07:00
C 06:00 19:00

I want to see for each hour of day how many employees are on the clock which
will allow me to see utilization by hour. I think I may have phrased the
original question incorrectly.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Here is an example assuming that the start times are in B, end times in C,
and the input times are D1,D2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B200=D1),--(C2:C200<=D2))

This will give the number of tasks. To get number of staff, you need to say
what the correlation between staff and tasks is.

--

HTH

RP

"Chris Baker" <Chris wrote in message
I have a list of tasks and the time started and time ended. I want to

show
by hour how many tasks are being worked with. I have seen this done in a
staffing model where you can see number of staff by hour by entering the
start and end time, but I can not remember how to creat this.