paul

Default Newbie & linked wordksheets = mass confusion

as soon as you delete any cells from the original range you will get the ref
errors in the other sheets because the links are now "suspect"Its best if you
dont actually delete the cells just their contents.Without giving us more
information on what information you are actually linking we cant really help
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"lburg801" wrote:

The concept sounded simple. Copy the cells from the main worksheet and
past it as a link in another. What I thought this meant was that any
changes made in the original worksheet would automatically be made in
the linked worksheet. Consider the database I am using as basically an
extensive address books with all sorts of information - some missing
when original entries are made and added later, other existing entries
changed, and finally additions to the database (new rows)

The only changes that were quickly obvious in the linked worksheet were
rows of #ref! in cells that were linked to rows that had been deleted in
the original, and a cursory look showed that changes had not been made
or additions added in the linked data ---- so clearly I don't get it.
Can you help?

Thanks,
Trudy