Peo Sjoblom

Default Limiting Validation entries to 2 places after a decimal

No offense taken at all

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Sloth" wrote in message
Oh, thank you. I hope you didn't take offence to my criticism. I don't
use
data validation that often, obviously. I am just trying to learn as much
as
possible.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

When you apply the validation you can select the error alert and type in
something like "You cannot enter more than 2 decimals!"

Peo Sjoblom

"Sloth" wrote in message
Good job. I assume the other suggestions work, but yours is the most
straight-foward. It should be noted however that if you select a range
of
cells to validate, "A1" should be replaced by top left cell in the

selected
region. Also, this might frustrate users who are not experienced with

excel.
The pop up does not explain the restriction, only the fact that it is
restricted. But then again, my solution my frustate them as well, and

would
have worse consequences if they messed something up.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Select the cell (assume it's A1) do datavalidation and allow custom
and

use
this formula

=MOD(100*A1,1)=0

Peo Sjoblom

"Tim" wrote in message
I have a multi-user spreadsheet to enter dollar values. How can I

limit a
user from entering, for example, 43.703 when the correct entry is

43.70?

I can do this by changing the number format but do not want to do

that.