Jack

Default How can I format a cell to accept feet and inches and add them

I am trying to get a formula to add the inches and feet together. The
program will add a base of ten with no problem. How do I get the program to
accept additions on a twelve base? I do not want to use separate columns for
feet and inches. In other words if I wanted to add 5' 06" to 6' 05" the real
answer would be 11' 11" but the program gives an answer of 12.01. How do I
stop this? Thank you in advance for any assistance you may have in this
matter.