Mak

Default Open several workbooks in their own window

Mate, you saved me a whole lot of frustration. It was that easy after all.

Cheers,
Mak

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Excel and MSWord behave differently.

From reading posts from people with multiple monitors, it looks like the easiest
thing to do is start another instance of excel, then file|open the second
workbook.

One way to start another instance is:
windows start button|run
type
Excel
and hit enter

You could also create a new shortcut (on your desktop) that points at excel.exe
and just use that, too.

Mak wrote:

Excel 2003.

How do you go about opening a separate workbook in its own window? Similar
to how MS Word opens a new window for each document. I have 2 monitors set up
(laptop with desktop monitor attached) and I work with too many spreadsheets
which I would rather be able to view on separate screens rather than having
to switch from one workbook to the next. Simply arranging the windows (eg
tiled, horizontal, vertical) reduces the viewing area too much.

Any suggestions?

In addition, when you close a Word document via red box 'x' - top right, it
doesn't close all other Word documents that are open. Is it possble to do
this in Excel?

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson