Ashish Mathur

Default Deleting Duplicates

Hi,

You may try this trick.

Array enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) the following formula in column B

=IF(OR(EXACT(B1,B1:B10000)),NA(),OR(EXACT(B1,B1:B1 0000)))

Now against all duplicates it will show an error value.

Now press Ctrl+G and click on Special

Now in the formulas section, click on the Errors check box only,

Click on OK

Now it will highlight all the error values i.e. all the duplicates

Now do an Alt+E+D+R and Press OK

Regards,

Ashish Mathur

"dcost@sovereignbank" wrote:

I have a hugh file (10,000 entries) and am trying to wean out the duplicates.
I inserted a column and ran If(B1=B2,"DUP",""). However, it's still time
consuming to delete all the duplicates. Is there a way that I could # the
duplicates (each dupl is #2)and just put in some formula to delete all the
2's.