GerryK

Default Deleting Duplicates

Select the range, use Data/Filter/Advanced filter
check Unique Records Only and "Copy to another location"
Put in an address to hold the result, eg[F1] then click OK. When
you're done, you will have the unique records in the new
place. You can delete the original range or not.

HTH
GerryK

"dcost@sovereignbank" wrote:

I have a hugh file (10,000 entries) and am trying to wean out the duplicates.
I inserted a column and ran If(B1=B2,"DUP",""). However, it's still time
consuming to delete all the duplicates. Is there a way that I could # the
duplicates (each dupl is #2)and just put in some formula to delete all the
2's.