Ron Rosenfeld

Default Custom Number format question

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:46:03 -0700, Joh wrote:

Hi all,

I have been thinking about this for a while now without coming up with a
sollution. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me.

I have a big holiday and absence spreadsheet that I put in all my
departments leave and sickness into. I put 1 in a cell for a whole day and
0.5 for half.

The problem I have is, to be able to display the 0.5 I have to go in and add
a decimal place for that cell manually. If I add a decimal place for all
cells 1 becomes 1.0 which I don't want.

My question is, is there a way to display a decimal place only when a number
has a positive number after the decimal sign?
So 0.5 should be displayed as 0.5 and not 1 and 1 should be displayed as 1
and not 1.0.

I've been trying to make a custom number format for this but maybe that's
not an option?

Hope the question is not too confusing.

Looking forward to your comments!

Thanks
Joh

Not sure of your question.

But if you leave the cell formatted as General, then '1' will be displayed as
'1' and '.5' as '0.5'.

--ron