Max

Default Conditional Formatting not applied to data exported from Access

Perhaps this might work for you ..

Select the column of "dates"
Data Text to Columns
Click Next Next
In step 3, under "Column data format":
Check "Date" and select the format "DMY" from the droplist
Click Finish
--
Rgds
Max
"Mark A" <Mark wrote in message
Hi

I have an MS Access report that I copy+paste into an excel worksheet.

Other
cells in the worksheet contain conditional formatting which lookup the

cells
with the access data (date: dd/mm/yyyy) and compares against a date in two
other cells and shades the cell appropriately.

The problem is not the formula - it works fine - but that the conditional
formtting does not work on the data exported from Access but only works if

manually type in a date. However, I cannot see ANY difference between an
manually tpyed in date and the Access exported date.

Help please!
Mark